Monday, March 1, 2010

Felting Fun and my first gnome!

Some serious crafting took place at my house over the weekend. The kids and I tried our hand at felt ball making..may I say not quite as easy at it looks but still lots of fun. Ours are a little less dense than they probably should be but then they were wound by little hands. Toby lost interest after a while and amused himself greatly with hitting the play equipment with a metal pole he found lying about. Miya was in soapy, crafting heaven and is well pleased with her efforts.


After we had cleaned up I had a try at creating my first needle felted gnome. I found this fabulous tutorial and here is the result. I only stabbed myself once! He's a bit fuzzy still but I think it adds to his charm :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Clarinda said...

they look great, and a lot of fun!

March 1, 2010 at 9:17 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

gorgeous Donna! I'm planning on trying felting some alpaca into egg shapes for easter :)

March 1, 2010 at 9:25 PM  
Blogger Megsie said...

I've always wanted to have a go at felting, you've inspired me to give it a go for some easter pressies. Love love the little gnome too..another thing on my wnating to do list is needlefelting

March 1, 2010 at 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home